Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Running from Responsibility Team #4

We are officially registered for the So Cal Ragnar Relay. We are team #4.
I've set up a new blog to broadcast and communicate all Ragnar 2011 information. http://runningfromresponsibility.blogspot.com/
Feel free to post questions, etc here. You'll also receive an email each time someone posts something as well.

Current Team
James Sloan
Danielle Sloan
David Greding
Rebecca Greding
Wade Altom
Amy Adams

John Stewart
Nikki Fenske
Trevor Kavanagh
Michael Barnett (Trevor's friend who ran the Wasatch Back last year)
Laura Wright
Unknown (must be female)

Commitments
We have 11 of our 12 member team that have committed at some level. I've received commitments via three different forms: "Official" in response to my request from the RagnarRelay team page, "verbal" or "email" commitments. We need official commitments when you have time. Just respond to the email I sent from the Ragnar website. We still need one more female to round out our "mixed" team.

Registration Fee
I've paid the registration fee and the volunteer fee since I didn't think we would be able to get volunteers to travel down south. The total combined fee is $125 per person. When you have an opportunity, please give me a check for the fee.

15 Passenger Van
I have started looking into renting 15 passenger vans. So far the most reasonable price I have found is $99 per day. For those that participated in previous years, we were all very envious of those that had something bigger than a minivan. If we did this, I estimate the cost would be between $33 to $50 depending on what kind of taxes they will add to the rental fee. I think this might be a small price to pay for a lot more comfort over the 30 plus hours of the race. Especially if we can't find places to sleep near the major exchanges. I would like to know your thoughts.

James Sloan

9 comments:

  1. wow I'm amazed that we were the 4th team to sign up. Thanks James.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James,

    I gave Trevor my check, so you should be getting it soon. Also, I agree that we NEED a van larger than a mini van. I have only done the Ragnar twice, once in a Suburban, and once in a 15 passenger van. the van makes all the difference. I am sure most people would be willing to pay more for the comfort, if not, Trevor will pay for them. I will also look around for vans to rent or barrow. Good news is we have plenty of time to plan.

    -mb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally willing to pay more for the van.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, I just deposited your check. I received it from Trevor and just figured it was his. I have made the correction. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check from the Gredings is "in the mail". (It's actually in David's truck to give you on Saturday.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chad said he would be willing to drive a van for us and be our support crew. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, That would be great. It would be nice to have a driver so that runners can focus on the race and not driving. Mike Adams said he might drive a van too. That would be perfect-a driver for each van. We'll figure out which van you are in based on the run start times so we can try to avoid you running during an "uncomfortable" hour. Runner placement will be pretty fluid since they tend to change the course a few times leading up to the race.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Team #4... what??? Why did we wait so long? I call a vote to de-thrown our Captain James. I need someone more responsible and on the ball. Look guys we only got like 8 months till this thing and our captain is waaaaay behind. Who's with me....?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what the heck...just schedule me for whatever start time. I'm going to practice running in the middle of the night during training so I'll be up for it. Might as well enjoy the full experience, right?

    ReplyDelete