Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ragnar SoCal & Napa Valley

It's the holidays and we are getting closer to the So Cal Ragnar.  We are also trying to put together for the Napa Valley Ragnar which is in September.  The dates are as follows.

Southern California Ragnar, April 20-21, 2012
Ragnar Napa Valley, September 16-17, 2012


For the So Cal Ragnar, I am resurrecting the interest list we gathered right after the last So Cal Ragnar.  As you know, I already have one team signed up.  I was the first so that Dave wouldn't call me a slacker.  :-)

Southern California Ragnar, April 20-21, 2012
  1. James Sloan 
  2. Christine Sloan
  3. Dave Greding
  4. Rebecca Greding
  5. Wade Altom 
  6. Nikki Fenske
  7. Tom Omer
  8. John Stewart
  9. Nikki Fenske
  10. Tiffany Pratt
  11. Jen Overholt
  12. Trevor Kavenagh
  13. Michael Barnett
  14. AnneMarie Sloan
  15. Danielle Sloan
  16. Derek Sloan
  17. Amy Omer
  18. Adam Wright
  19. Laura Wright (out)
  20. Meg Wright (?)
  21. Amy Adams (will take a leave of absence this year) (So Cal 2013)
Napa Valley, September 16-17
  1. James Sloan 
  2. Dave Greding
  3. Rebecca Greding
  4. Wade Altom
  5. Merideth Altom 
  6. Cary Jenkins 
  7. Barbara Jenkins 
Please confirm your interest.

12 comments:

  1. i'm still planning on doing the so cal and napa. i was just telling merideth i need to get in a race or something. ragnar can't come fast enough.

    merideth is also putting her name in for the napa ragnar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is still being discussed in the Wright family. I am out of running shape (although having a race on the horizon might give me a kick start!), Chad has recently taken up road cycling and after his 42-mile ride on Saturday, is considering doing a century ride sometime next year. He might not really be into running anymore. Adam wants to put together a team with his cross country guys (are there age limits?). And Megan still totally wants in. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wade, It is great Merideth will join us again. She was an original member.
    Laura, I am not aware of any age limits. Danielle ran her first Ragnar at 14. I will strike Chad for now and keep the rest of your crew on the list for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Race Bible page 8: "Those under 12 years of age are restricted." It also says that runners under 18 must have an adult with them, but I don't think that's going to be a problem on this team.

    As far as our family goes, the discussion is ongoing, but please throw Amy's name into the mix. She's thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please do it, Amy!! I Would love to spend 30+ crazy hours with you!

    Jen O is interested in SoCal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be interested in this crazy event, even though I live in the other MP ward. Let me know if you need anyone else, if you have enough I'll try another time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both Omers are totally in for the So Cal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm out. But I will happily cheer everyone along with all my voice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's up Laura? Very sad to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The truth is, my running is suffering right now, and I don't have a lot of confidence. I have some big plans for this year, but I have decided that I need to focus on finding the joy again. I know that I will have to work my way up to the level I was this time last year, and it may take longer than 4 months. But, I am already registered for a 5K on Jan. 21, and I plan on running the 10K in Agoura in March, and with any luck I will be able to run the Santa Barbara Wine Country half in May. Any more than that might kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura, are you running The Band on a Run in TO? It will be my comeback 10k. See you there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rebecca, yup, we'll be there. Meg and Adam will be running the 5K too. I'm so glad they changed the course location this year - last year the course started and ended in a field that was pitted with gopher holes, very dangerous!

    ReplyDelete