Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's been a while

My running friends. I miss running with my friends on Saturday morning.  It was nice to be able to run together a few weeks ago when I was in Moorpark.  I'm starting to run more often.  My achilles is not totally healed, but I'm doing ok.  I'm still heating it before a run and icing it after.  It seems to do the trick.

I have been trying to change my running form and it has gotten a lot better.  I'm meeting my running coach in Louisiana on the 11th of August.  I'm taking a short little detour when I go on a business trip that week to Orlando, Florida.  Louisiana is on the way, right?!  I hope he "fixes" me.  I have noticed a lot of improvement in my efficiency.  I'm only now starting to take advantage of it as I have been running more often.  The occasional on-line training sessions have been helpful and helped me to reach my current plateau, but I don't think I can make any further progress without some direct coaching.

The third week of August (August 26th and 27th) Danielle and I are running in the Hood to Coast relay.  Alise may run a leg or two with us.  That will be fun.  I love, love, love running with my girls.  In 53 days, I'll be able to run with my son, Derek.  He is returning from his mission to Brazil, Salvador South and I am so proud of him.

I'll see you soon...

4 comments:

  1. So exciting that Derek will be home so soon! Jealous that you're running Hood to Coast. You'll have to let us know how it compares to SoCal Ragnar.

    And jealous that you get to meet Jeremy in real life! The craziness of summer has brought my POSEing to a screeching halt - though if you ask my kids, they'll tell you I'm POSEing all the time. I randomly do the drills throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on the Hood to Coast - I hear it is beautiful! And we're so excited for you guys to get Derek home - this is going to be a great fall for you guys! Is everyone coming home for Christmas? I wish I could be a fly on the wall when Derek meets his nephew for the first time. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. crazy that derek is almosr home. the time has flown, as they say. i miss having you on the saturday runs too. i can only take so much of greding and omer and i'm sure the feeling is mutual for them regarding me.

    ReplyDelete